I suggest you ...

Recalculate the speeds and levels for the treadmill test

Hi Shawn,
I'm the trainer who suggested multiple users. Thank you for replying. I've now done the test with numerous clients and I think the test might be made harder. I have had a few clients hit 17.1 level and the only reason they stopped is our treadmill maxes out at 10mph. From looking online top scores in the world are between 17-19 so I think that if the test's speeds could be updated this test would correlate better with the outside beep test.
Thanks

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VancouvertrainerVancouvertrainer shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Shaun AustinAdminShaun Austin (Admin, Bleep Test) responded  · 

Hi, yeah I’ve had a few conversations with people about the relative ease of the Bleep Test Treadmill levels and I think in the interim the best approach we came up with in leu of working out a whole new set of levels is that you experiment with gradient settings to try and make the effort level more consistent with field tests.

Personally I’ve found an incline of just 1-2% has been enough to put me much closer to my scores for field tests. I’d be more than interested in hearing what you think.

Shaun

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VancouvertrainerVancouvertrainer commented  · 

Hi Shawn,
        I think in the interim using an incline will help. How close has using an incline of 1-2% brought you to your field scores? Have you been able to try it on a large enough sample to see how well that adjustment brings the Bleep test to the outside test? I'll try the 2% incline with some of my clients. I think that on average, a person who runs 3-4x per week for 30min-1hour should be able to at most get to 13-15 on the bleep test. The reason I say this is the top record holders in the world on the Bleep test get between level 17-19.
        I'm thinking that a in incline even greater that 2% may be needed to accomplish this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base